Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Wheel Spacers - Bolt Thru vs. Bolt On

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Spacers - Bolt Thru vs. Bolt On

I am going to need some wheel spacers to fit my new calipers on the front of my car. I think I can get by with 15mm spacers but I am torn on what type to get.

If I get the 15mm one it would be a hub centric bolt thru design. I would push out my stock studs and put on ones that I would assume are 15mm longer and the spacer would get sandwiched between the rotor and the wheel.

If I go with a 20mm spacer it would get bolted to the rotor (not sure if it uses the stock studs or if I would have to put shorter ones in?) and the wheel would get bolted to the spacer.

I originally thought the 20mm spacer was the most reliable sounding idea but I'm having second thoughts, especially if it wants me to keep my stock studs that are almost 9 years old.

Also, if I do get the 15mm from Eibach are the studs included any good or should I be getting some from ARP or something?

Thanks
Old 08-30-2010, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The hub-centric spacer is one of the best IMO. I have the Eibachs and they do include the longer wheel studs. They are fine to use, but I plan on going 200+mph in the mile so I upgraded the studs to ARP's. I would definitely stay with a hub-centric type though.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
The hub-centric spacer is one of the best IMO. I have the Eibachs and they do include the longer wheel studs. They are fine to use, but I plan on going 200+mph in the mile so I upgraded the studs to ARP's. I would definitely stay with a hub-centric type though.
agree 100%
Old 08-30-2010, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the feedback guys. I found a company that makes bolt-on adapters which are hub-centric from the adapter to the hub and from the adapter to the wheel. Any thoughts on that opposed to just a single spacing plate with longer studs?