Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

solid roller WS6

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default solid roller WS6

Just finished with my motor it is a 420 cubic inch L92 heads jesel valve train, eagle rods and crank JE pistons, bullet cam, G force transmission, moser 12 bolt, BMR full suspension, fikse wheels 18x10 & 18x12, kooks long tube, BMB exhaust…have not decided yet on an intake

pictures coming soon
Old 08-31-2010, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO7 Josh
Just finished with my motor it is a 420 cubic inch L92 heads jesel valve train, eagle rods and crank JE pistons, bullet cam, G force transmission, moser 12 bolt, BMR full suspension, fikse wheels 18x10 & 18x12, kooks long tube, BMB exhaust…have not decided yet on an intake

pictures coming soon

...What you should have said was,...this has been a twenty year long project of ours,..and we're just now finally about to get it running,.....again.

Long story short, car was a box stock WS6 for a long time....then went to a crate 402 from a reputable company,...put it in the car,..and ended up constantly smoking. This was the result of a few things but,..longer story short, it was a 402 with patriot heads, kooks headers, fast 90, and TREX cam. The rings never sealed but, it made about 470rwhp,..we ended up pulling it out,... and started over. Plans were to go to a big single turbo,..hence the GT5533R we have laying around,...but,..in the end,..Josh decided a different route, since they canceled the tran am(thats how long we've had this car apart)...he chose a solid roller, moderatly cub'd motor, with good heads, full drivetrain, and proper suspension. Full BMR K-member, control arms, etc, torque arm, etc. Trans is a 6 speed G-force, thats brand new.

I have an EXO SKEL that I was saving as a backup but, we'll probably put it in the TA so we don't have to make another purchase. Fikse wheels are FM5's, satin finish. Very dope, silver WS6. Plans will see some street use, some mile use but,..this car WILL see some serious launches at PBIR dragstrip in the near future.

All we need to figure out is an intake manifold that will fit under factory cowl with no cutting,...and we need another set of headers.

As far as pictures,...****,...I dunno if I have any.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An L76 or LS3 intake(they are the same intake) will fit under the cowl and work with the L92 heads. Use the L76 though because the map sensor connection is different on the LS3 intake and wont work with your LS1 harness without modification.

Fast also makes an aftermarket intake for L92's that will fit.

Last edited by Formula42; 09-02-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Formula42
An L76 or LS3 intake(they are the same intake) will fit under the cowl and work with the L92 heads. Use the L76 though because the map sensor connection is different on the LS3 intake and wont work with your LS1 harness without modification.

Fast also makes an aftermarket intake for L92's that will fit.

roger that.

We have been thinging about the FAST 102...but our main concern, is the HIGH RPM capability. Is a FAST 102 enough for a SOLID roller LSX? Thats the question. If not, what works under the factory hood? Carb style? The factory LSX intakes,...."I" do not know if they would support that. We used to run a FAST 90 on the car,..so I THINK we already moved the MAP pickup but,..I could be wrong. Its been years.
Old 09-03-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

this is the ONLY picture I have of the TA,,,off in the CUT

Old 09-06-2010, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, that’s an old picture. I will have some up soon. It’s a shame nobody responded to this build.

Quick Reply: solid roller WS6