What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 som ss

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2001 som ss

Thinking of selling my ride. It has 72,7xx miles on it.

The good:
Lots of mods including:
LS6 cam and springs
American Racing 1 7/8 headers
Custom 3" ORY w/ flowmaster merge
SLP Dual/Dual w/ cutout
Ported TB
SLP lid
SSRA
ASP UD pulley
Yank PT4000 converter
B&M 24k cooler
Denny's 3.5" Aluminum driveshaft
Moser 12-bolt w/ 3.73 gears, Eaton posi, 30 spline, 4 channel ABS
BMR adjustable Torque arm
BMR adjustable panhard rod
UMI adjustable LCAs
UMI torque arm relocation mount
Have a Lakewood DS loop and a SJM line lock not installed, in the boxes
Freshly installed ceramic pads, turned rotors, brake fluid, earl's solo-bleeders
Factory 10-spokes with Hankook Ventus tires with about 40% tread left.

Dynotuned by Norris Motorsports - 372rwhp/351rwtq

With stock internals the car went 11.56 @ 115.40 with a 1.52 60' in -350 DA. After the LS6 cam swap it went 11.33 @ 118.74 with a 1.55 60'. Also have Racestar skinnies w/ Moroso DS-2s and Summit Star rears with 275/50-15 Hoosier radials in great shape that could go with the car for the right price, or I could sell seperately.

Ebony leather, monsoon 6 speaker, no sub or changer

Stock parts not currently on car but still have them include: front sway bar and brackets, washer fluid reservoir, stock tunnel brace, stock lcas, stock pulley, stock torque converter. All could go with the car.

The BAD:

The car has been wrecked a couple times. First time was a little over 3 years ago. Was crossing an intersection and an old lady ran a red and hit the front left of the car. Airbags deployed, Car got a new front clip and windshield basically. About 2 years ago, another incident involved damage to the sides of the car, basically sideswiped a car and was sideswiped by another at the same time. Car was fixed again and thankfully no other incidents since. The paint looks good, I'd rate it a 7.5/10. No rust anywhere. It's a Florida car, just moved up here last year and didn't drive it this past winter.

The suspension makes a few more noises than stock, kinda comes with the territory. The 12-bolt also whines. The gears scream pretty good between 45-65 MPH when cruising, that's the only time they're really loud. Sound deadening on the carpet is gone, so it's pretty noisy, but not too bad, I'm used to it.

The air bag light goes on and off. Started about a year ago. I looked up the code but never actually tried to fix it. That's the only code the car ever throws, it runs very well.

The front speakers sound like crap, like they're blown. I've tried replacing them with other used speakers with no success.

Whatcha think she's worth?

Last edited by MikeG; 03-28-2011 at 05:54 PM.