Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sputters at WOT

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sputters at WOT

Thats the best way i can describe it, doesnt matter what gear when i floor it i get a jerky feeling that i can feel and hear every 1k rpm or so...i think its worse in lower gears actually and i can hear popping once in a while, car is a 02 z28 6speed it has 1 3/4in headers to a 3in collector to 2.5in y wiht high flo cats, to a 3in slp loudmouth (dont know why the ypipe is 2.5in) i do have a SLIGHT exhaust leak near that v-band clamp on the driver side that holds the collector to the y-pipe thanks to speed bumps, and i noticed that the bottom of the headers on both sides are dented pretty good from hitting **** (car is lowered) i can get pics of it if that would help

could a combination of these 2 problems be the culprit? i had a major exhaust leak on my 93 and it only sputtered a little up until 2-2.5k...but the headers werent bashed in, Would appreciate any help
Old 09-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

try changing your spark plugs
Old 09-16-2010, 06:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id say spark plugs wires if its only under wot. after my LTs install am having the same and i just ordered a set of plugs and wires. change both, they wont cost alot and you will have your car running perfect performance and MPG wise. why on earth wont you fix your leaks ur losing power and mpg as well.

Quick Reply: Sputters at WOT