Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I install the Nitrous Express Gauge on the bottle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2004, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do I install the Nitrous Express Gauge on the bottle?

Ok, I am no newbie to spray, but I just got rid of my old NOS system for the NXL. Along with the tiny 10lb, I bought two extra 15LB bottles and gauges (NX part number 15509). This looks like a completly different setup from NOS. I cannot for the life of me figure out how this damn gauge goes on the bottle. Nothing seems to fit? Can anyone shed some light on this? Am I doing something wrong (prolly am)? Any pics of NX bottles with a gauge attached? Are their different size valves and gauges for NX?

thanks

Last edited by MeanWS6; 01-26-2004 at 12:37 PM.
Old 01-26-2004, 05:57 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

NX Bottles do not have port in valve capabilities that NOS bottles have. You basically can get a -4 AN gauge port and put that on the bottle fitting with the gauge. Earls makes a -4, -6 and -8 AN gauge port swivel that works out really nice. I'll try and get you the part number for it.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NX usually sells the gauge with a manifold ... The manifold is basically an aluminum block with a -4 female on one side (bottle), -4 male on the other (feed line), and tapped in the middle for a 1/8" NPT (gauge) ...
Old 01-26-2004, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DERTY
NX Bottles do not have port in valve capabilities that NOS bottles have. You basically can get a -4 AN gauge port and put that on the bottle fitting with the gauge. Earls makes a -4, -6 and -8 AN gauge port swivel that works out really nice. I'll try and get you the part number for it.
nx has had a valve with a "always on" port available for at least a year, it is just not the standard valve, so unless you dealer requests it, or orders it, you may not have it. I don't know how the part numbers work, ect, as i have never seen a way or ordering it, but my dealer always has a couple of them, for people who request them.

Ryan.

Quick Reply: How do I install the Nitrous Express Gauge on the bottle?