Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to the site need some opinions!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the site need some opinions!!

Just starting to save my money for my next few mods.. Now what should they be.. my goals are about 400rwhp and hopefully getting into the 11s at the track... it is a A4 all i have done are in my sig... ok now lets here those OPINIONS?

Last edited by coydawg6; 09-12-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I were you, the next mod I would do would be Long Tube Headers, followed by a cam. A good mildly aggressive cam would get you to your power goals after you do headers.

Do you have a manual or auto trans? Gears will help you either way, but with an auto, a good converter would net you a good decrease in ET's.

I can help you get fully setup with any mods you have in mind. Shoot me a private message or email me and we can discuss a good plan for you to reach your goals in greater detail

You can e-mail me at mleaf@zenithmotorsports.com
Old 09-12-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/new-ls1-o...anna-fast.html

Best thing to do before buying anything is just to hang around the forum for a month or two and read as much as you can.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike@ZMS
If I were you, the next mod I would do would be Long Tube Headers, followed by a cam. A good mildly aggressive cam would get you to your power goals after you do headers.
This, followed by 15" rear wheels with drag radials if you want to break into the 11s. You won't hit 11s spinning out of the hole with 18" wheels and whatever street tires you have on there.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The model for 11's in an A4 car seems to be: Exhaust, converter, cam, tires, suspension. Getting a converter that is matched with your cam is the difference between a car that's a beast and one that's just a pig
Old 09-13-2010, 08:43 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep in the back of your mind that the stock 60E trans is not a super tough transmission. If you go adding a cam and some sticky tires theres a very good chance that would be enough power to break the stock trans. Might want to make sure you budget a built 60E in there at some point in the future. Any one of the great trans vendors here on tech can build you a nasty 60E setup that will handle just about anything you can throw at it.