Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help, Summit Racing's Version Of LC-1, Gauge Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need Help, Summit Racing's Version Of LC-1, Gauge Wiring

I bought a used Summit Racing LC-1 kit and it didn't come with a wiring diagram. Figured I could download the instructions from Innovates website but their gauges don't coincide with the Summit Racing gauge. My gauge has four wires off the back of it:

Blue
Red
Black
Purple

If anyone has one of these kits, could you please let me know which wires do what. I'm fairly certain that the red is positive, black is negative, but where do the others go, and is the red wire a switched power or constant?

Any help is appreciated.

Mike
Old 09-17-2010, 04:11 PM
11 Second Club

OK, I just noticed on the back of the gauge there are two holes where the wires come from. One hole has the red and blue wires coming from it, and it has a big "+" sign. I'm assuming these are both positive, with the blue one probably being a switched positive lead. The other hole has the black and purple wires coming out, black being negative, the purple probably being the analog line from the LC-1?

If you can't tell,,,, I hate electrical wiring. I know just enough to be dangerous.

Mike
Old 09-17-2010, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

Well, I took a chance and called Innovate to see if they support the Summit Racing versiona and sure enough, they do.

For anyone having the same issue as I did, the instructions are on Innovate's website under the "DB Gauge" and it's on the second page (page 2 of 2). The first page lists a different wiring format/color scheme and is the reason I didn't find it before.

Mike