Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Toyo TQ drag radial review

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Toyo TQ drag radial review

My car is not fully tuned yet I need new 02 sensors before my tuner can get the car tuned. The only thing that has been changed to my tune is the fuel injector setting.
The suspension is still factory except it has been lowered.I also still had the front sway bar.

I still have the factory 3.42 10bolt and factory aluminum drive shaft.

The Toyo TQ's are brand new 255/50/16 I have mounted on my factory wheels at 15psi.
I was Atlanta Dragway which is known for having a shiitty track it's always slicker than cat shiitt.
I do not have a line lock yet so I can only do a burnout in first gear my rear brakes work to good for a second gear burnout.

My first run I lanched at 3200rpm and it boggs big time,,my 60ft was 2.58 ,but when I finally got going there was no tire spin and shifting into second no tire spin,,it auctually felt like the car leaped forward when shifting to second.

In the end I was launching at 4300rpms with a 2.0 60ft ,but I was still bogging just alittle.

I am extremely happy with Toyo TQ's I feel that if I had a 9" rear and better drive shaft the tires would have still stuck leaving at 5500rpms or more

Before purchasing them I read several mixed reviews about these drag radials ,but the people that gave bad reviews were not airing the tires down bellow 20psi or they weren't using them at a drag strip.
I knew from my drag car I had in the past with MT ET's that I have seen the tire pressure go up more than 3psi from just doing a burnout.
So to me alot of people weren't giving the Toyo TQ's a fair chance to begin with by having 20psi in the tires before they went threw the burnout process.Especially when Toyo recommends 15psi.

I will give a new update when my car get's fully tuned.

Last edited by incbed; 09-22-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run them at 28 psi on the street and they are awesome. They do pick up pebbles some times but that's with any GOOD drag radial...
Old 09-21-2010, 09:26 PM
TECH Junkie

I have these tires in a 315/35/18 and I freakin love them on the street. They are nice and sticky, and when heated, like glue.. Have not hit the drag strip with them, nor will they for some time, not sure when..
Old 09-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Staging Lane

nice, this is what i like to read!

Quick Reply: Toyo TQ drag radial review