LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 #2: The Rocket(94 T/A)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 #2: The Rocket(94 T/A)

After failing to bring my 94 z back from the dead I bought another LT1 last Friday. This one of the Poetic variety. A lot better shape inside and out than the Z Nd an overall good way to start my time in California. It will go through the normal mode at first with bolt ons. Then ill let my creative genius take over

2 questions though.
1. What are all the tracks in SoCal?
2. Being from Texas, when its registered there, how crazy can I get on exhaust? I don't see many orx/dumped cars rolling around.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=501304521
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...6&id=501304521
Old 09-20-2010, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There arent many tracks in so cal, there is famoso and irwindale. Pomona won't let the general public run there. There is race legal in san diego, but its 1/8th mile, as is Irwindale. As far as exhaust just don't be a dick and you will be ok. Dumped TDs will catch the attention of police. Since you are registered out of state you can get away with more but you are supposed to register in the state within 30 days.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Village Troll

Received 541 Likes on 391 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
There arent many tracks in so cal, there is famoso and irwindale. Pomona won't let the general public run there. There is race legal in san diego, but its 1/8th mile, as is Irwindale. As far as exhaust just don't be a dick and you will be ok. Dumped TDs will catch the attention of police. Since you are registered out of state you can get away with more but you are supposed to register in the state within 30 days.
Isn't there an 1/8th mile track somewhere in the Riverside/Moreno Valley/Perris area?
Old 09-21-2010, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hitmanws6
Since Im military I can register my car at my permenant residence which is Texas. Exhaust laws a lot less stringent. Ill have the registration transferred over to Texas here in the next couple days then that exhaust is coming off. Pacesetters/ORX/Spiral Flows. Just have to not be a moron I guess. Where does all the street action pop off around here? Is there a general meet up spot? And are famoso and irwindale open every weekend? I want to make a pass or two this Friday/Saturday.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SS RRR
Isn't there an 1/8th mile track somewhere in the Riverside/Moreno Valley/Perris area?
Yea they used to run 1/8 mile in the dirt track parking lot in Perris... if you ran over 100mph on skinnies there was barely enough room to stop, saw many cars run into the tire WALL at the end of the track. Closed that thing up about 3 years ago I think.

In so cal there's irwindale (1/8), fontana (1/4), famoso (1/4), barona (1/8), and the qualcomm stadium parking lot (1/8). If you're at pendleton or miramar, barona and qualcomm are going to be your only close options.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

I m on north island(Coronado). Looks like ill be at Qualcomm tying to crack 8s.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good luck hooking... the place is so slick its dangerous lol

Quick Reply: LT1 #2: The Rocket(94 T/A)