Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New F-Body Owner, Old LS1 Owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New F-Body Owner, Old LS1 Owner

I'm a former owner of a 2004 GTO and a 2007 Trailblazer SS. Also, formerly from Houston, TX, now in Albuquerque, NM. I put quite a bit of work into the GTO, had it running 12.3 @ 111 all motor, cams/bolt-ons only on Nitto drags. Kept the TBSS pretty close to stock, just tune/intake/catback. After my wife and I had our first child we decided we had to have economical cars and got rid of everything fun. Bad decision. It has eaten at us sense then.

Just by luck I came across a 2002 Z28 with only 20k miles on it in fantastic shape last week. Factory Hurst, T-Tops, M6, Black Leather, Silver, etc, I couldn't pass it up, I just had to have it. It is bone stock, and drives great.

I've already ordered a polished carriage works billet grille to match the stock chrome wheels and I plan to have it 3M tinted next week. The stock front plate bracket was riveted on and so the stock front plastic grille had to go because a front plate is not required in New Mexico.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hello. I always wanted an F-body and I am very happy to have this one so far. I don't know that I am going to do much work to it, as money is tight, but as funds allow I may do some small things that won't effect daily drivability.

Glad to be back in the LSX community.

Last edited by BlueSuperGoat; 09-22-2010 at 12:17 PM. Reason: Remembered old GTO ET wrong, fixed.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And just that quick, it is in service to have the passenger power window looked at...was working fine and then all the sudden, nope. I've heard that is a pretty regular problem with the f-bodys?? Any advice?