Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the diff in std and pro hp tuners

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010, 12:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the diff in std and pro hp tuners

Im looking to start tuning my turbo ls2 ta. and i just want to make sure i get the right tuner.I also needed to know i have paid someone to tune my car in the past. He used hp will i have to buy credits?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

it says on the website the differences. There are a few, stuff like data logging and all that good stuff. Go with the pro though. It will also come with 8 credits.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Best description is on the HPT site but I can sum it up. Simply put, the pro version allows you to interface things like a wideband o2 sensor and other "external" (non VCM) 0 to +5V inputs (think EGT, WBo2, temp, pressure, etc.). If you never plan on running a WBo2 or other external sensors, standard is ok... but if you think a WBo2 is in your future spend the extra $150 now and get the pro because the upgrade cost is $290.

For the upgrade price difference you can buy a wideband and actually and intelligently TUNE your car instead of making guesstimates and random changes trying to rely on the "butt dyno." There are site sponsors that can get you HPT Pro and a wideband for the same as standard today and upgrade to pro tomorrow. Buy the pro - you won't regret it.

The credits only apply to the interface so the VCM being tuned before is irrelevant to you - unless you tuned it with your interface. Once you license a VCM you can edit it as many times as you like without using additional credits. Trust me on this, I was up until 3AM on a work night tweaking my car, then ran logs on the way to work, edited at lunch, made more logs, edited more, logged the run home, made more edits... you get the idea. Yes, I'm hooked. ...but my car runs 1000% better than it did when the hacks who originally "tuned" my car ripped me off.
Old 09-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Staging Lane

Default agreed

Originally Posted by gofastwclass
Best description is on the HPT site but I can sum it up. Simply put, the pro version allows you to interface things like a wideband o2 sensor and other "external" (non VCM) 0 to +5V inputs (think EGT, WBo2, temp, pressure, etc.). If you never plan on running a WBo2 or other external sensors, standard is ok... but if you think a WBo2 is in your future spend the extra $150 now and get the pro because the upgrade cost is $290.

For the upgrade price difference you can buy a wideband and actually and intelligently TUNE your car instead of making guesstimates and random changes trying to rely on the "butt dyno." There are site sponsors that can get you HPT Pro and a wideband for the same as standard today and upgrade to pro tomorrow. Buy the pro - you won't regret it.

The credits only apply to the interface so the VCM being tuned before is irrelevant to you - unless you tuned it with your interface. Once you license a VCM you can edit it as many times as you like without using additional credits. Trust me on this, I was up until 3AM on a work night tweaking my car, then ran logs on the way to work, edited at lunch, made more logs, edited more, logged the run home, made more edits... you get the idea. Yes, I'm hooked. ...but my car runs 1000% better than it did when the hacks who originally "tuned" my car ripped me off.
he said it all right there

but my car runs 1000% better than it did when the hacks who originally "tuned" my car ripped me off.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:24 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I was tinkering, toying, reading, experimenting for probably the first 3 or 4 months when I first purchased hpt...its the one mod that you can change & tweak daily. Eventually it turned from hobby, to obsession to a job

the pro is definitely the way to go if you have the extra $150 right off the bat.

-Bill

Quick Reply: whats the diff in std and pro hp tuners