Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random technology high flow y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Random technology high flow y pipe

Anyone have any experience with this Y pipe. I would like to retain stock manifolds, this is a "bolt-on" car with either a cheatr cam or similar the near future. I want to keep this car stealthish but still gain power where I can.

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1734

Is there any power to be found in this Y pipe. I was mainly looking at the high flow cats and the merge pipe.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Launching!

i don't think your going to gain much with this pipe because of the cats... why not just get long tubes and a y-pipe?
Old 09-26-2010, 05:27 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

First I will say that Random Technologies is right up the street from me and they make some VERY high quality stuff.

That being said, that Ypipe will not give you $600 worth of power. You can buy Pacesetters and a TSP catted Ypipe in a total package for the same price you'd pay for that Ypipe alone. Definitely not worth it's price tag.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Well said sir Random Tech does make some nice products but not THAT nice...A set of coated Pacesetters and a TSP Y pipe are a very good value ..
Old 09-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

I don't really want headers for this car. If I did go with headers it would probably be ARH or Kooks. With a catted Y. Just wanted to know if anyone has any expierence with this pipe. I want a nice mellow sounding exhaust with a just a hint of what's lurking under the hood. (I have a magnaflow catback).
Old 09-27-2010, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

A Y pipe is not going to change the sound you already have..the Y pipe itself is the problem with the 4th gen exhaust to start off with. All I can say about ARH or Kooks is they are nice but over priced. I have a set of coated pasesetters with over 200,000 miles on them and they still look good (no rust) ... heads/cam all the bolt ons daily driver making 452/418 and still gets 27 MPG on the highway...that is why I think they are a value...good luck with your mods...

Quick Reply: Random technology high flow y pipe