Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

My Custom wheel spacers and Info for Everyone on OFFsets...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 04:30 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My Custom wheel spacers and Info for Everyone on OFFsets...

Well just wanted to share that my custom wheel spacers came in last week and I finally put them on yesterday. Special thanks to forum member ______(forgot I deleted PM sorry !) for linking me to the custom website where they are custom made.

Here is the skinny. My front wheels have a 59mm offset. I wanted to bring them out in line with my rears (20x10 48mm offset) so I ordered a 9mm spacer. I was going to order 7mm spacers but knew it wouldnt be thick enough that they would cover the stock centering ring on the hub. I ordered 9mm with the lip that makes them hub centric and they were machined very well.

Unfortunately when slipped on the stock hub contacted the inside of my spacers and didnt allow the spacer to sit flat against the rotor. There was a gap of about 1-2mm.

So basically if you are ordering spacers they probably NEED to be 10mm or GREATER if they are hub centric in order for them to sit properly. On the other hand if you go 7MM or LESS you can go with a flat spacer and the stock hub will still protrude and allow the wheel to be centered. Just thought I would share with everyone if anyone ever is going to order spacers.

In the end, I was changing lugs to longer (stock overall length but threads go to the ends unlike stock) studs from DRM (doug rippie) so when i hammered out the stock studs I took an angle grinder and easliy shaved down the hub a few mm.

New studs are in, spacers are on and fit and car drives smooth as before even at top speed (lol couldnt help it an hour ago). If anything perhaps it's in my mind but the slightly wider track feels different on turn in. maybe its the aluminum dampening the response im not sure.

Kick *** spacers for sure !!

Old 09-26-2010, 06:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Some good to know info, so now where's updated photo's of the car with the new wider front track?