LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Werid Viberation in steering wheel when DOD/AFM is on??

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Werid Viberation in steering wheel when DOD/AFM is on??

All,

So, I just purchased a Super Chips Cortex Programmer. I turned off the DOD/AFM to see what the hype was. I must admit its great.

However, the real reason why I shut it off was due to the fact that everytime it would kick on at like 60mph i get viberations in the steering wheel. I can let go of steering wheel and watch it shake back and fourth.

So, I turned it off and it still viberates a bit but, only when its like "coasting" in cruise control. Then when the cruise kicks in to speed up or whatever, the viberations go away. I have also had the car aligned and wheels road forced with new tires. Could it be the torque convertor or something in the drive train?

Oh and of course I took it in to the dealer and they said "shes smooth as silk"..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Greg
Old 09-27-2010, 02:18 PM
12 Second Club

When you say back and forth do you mean it turns slightly right and left or like the entire column is shaking?
Old 09-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1>girlfriend
When you say back and forth do you mean it turns slightly right and left or like the entire column is shaking?
Sorry yeah the wheel turns left and right like shaking back an fourth like that. Also, it did it on my way home today from work and it didnt madder if i accelerated but it gets worse when you are just crusin..