Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

timing chain and covers question & rough idle question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default timing chain and covers question & rough idle question.

I know that there is a thread some where in here already about this , that's way to much for me to search ha ha , any way my question is that I'm wanting to get a double roller chain set ,but find there some out there for only 40 and others for 160+ wth is the difference? I did see that the rollmaster is the best to get , but I can't find where to get one , I need help on which one is the best to get and links please if possible . Now for the cover question , I was wondering if there was going to be clearance issues once I do this . If there is what do I need to get covers seals ect. , if possible again please please give me some links .

Now my major issue and question is that I'm have a more than normal rough idle, it's throwing my knock sensor code last time I checked , I regapped my plugs to chevys new specs for the iridium from .04 to .06 helped out , but along with doing so one of my wires ripped as I was trying to take it out , I barley pulled on it , so I bought new wires because there original wires were old , there msd wires , saw a huge improvement idle , but still some what rough , my buddy thats also a mech told me it could be two things either my coil packs or my timing chain doubts that it's the coils so said best to try the timing chain , and read that its best to change between 50 and 70k miles any way. So what does every one else think?

I'm so sorry it's so long , but I figured just do one long post instead of a bunch . Thanx for every ones help
I have a 02 camaro z28 6 speed