PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Predator/LS1 Edit Tuning Questions for LS1 Electric Fans?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 06:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Predator/LS1 Edit Tuning Questions for LS1 Electric Fans?

Hey tuning gurus, James at RWTD is getting me a custom tune and he has never done any tuning modifications for our LS1/LT1 electric fan mods. Can anybody hook me up with the parameters needed to be changed, or what could/should need to be adjusted to take advantage of the extra HP for the fans? BTW, I'm using a Flexalite VSC to control the fans. If any other questions, just ask as I'm not even anywhere in the same continent as a tuner and don't know what type of info you might need in order to give me the answer(s) I'm looking for.

THANKS!!

Ryan

Last edited by tuckerwilliam; 01-28-2004 at 09:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anyone have anything to add to this, or is there nothing to do to take advantage of the power gains? They're just there when you remove the stock fan and clutch, besides setting the fan temp's?

TIA
Old 01-28-2004, 11:37 PM
Restricted User

Well, power without the fan clutch assembly is already there. Then theres debate about what temp for max power. Some say the LS engines make max power at higher temps, like 200*. But others say max output is lower like traditional thinking. My fans are set for 175 on 170 off, and then 185on 180 off fan 1 & 2 respectively.
No problems, car runs about 172* most all the time.
Old 01-29-2004, 11:30 PM
BfB
Teching In

Well, I know exactly where to set the fans for the given temps and various thermostats, LOL!

Let me clarify what he's stating. I was under the impression that you have to toggle on something specific in the pcm parameters that lets the pcm realize than there is now an electric fan instead of the fan clutch style, for those who want the pcm to control the fans instead of using the relay or control module that may come with them.

I know Edit has a toggle switch where I believe one would set it to "Aux" from "No Fan". I need to get the added parameters to my templates for my DiabloSport Revolution software, so I'll probably look for everything and get it done next week.

Sincerely,

James