LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Car wont start..obd2 code reader makes my head hurt...help me ahhhhhh

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car wont start..obd2 code reader makes my head hurt...help me ahhhhhh

The other day i went to pick up my little girl from school when all of a sudden my car just died...hmmmm, just all of a sudden. So i get someone to give me a jump...car wont start right away, but it finally starts after a few minutes..all went good for the next 2 days..then on my way to work the car dies again while i was driving...i try starting the car, it wont turn over..i try it again and the battery is completely dead..tow the car home, get alternator and battery tested. Battery is bad so i get a new one..damn car still doesnt start..help....it seems like it really wants to start but it doesnt...anyways,ses light comes on and i borrow a cheaP matco obd2 code reader mc100, code reader reads as follows

"0 codes
mil off
monitrs
5 inc
catlyst
sec air
o2 snsr
o2 htr
egr
3 ready
misfire
fuel
comp"

What the hell does all this mean? I was expecting a code but it didnt give me one...somebody please help
Old 09-28-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know how to read codes but I'd check all ground wires including both wires going to the starter.

Sometimes you can't trust testers at stores. My grandpa had his alternator tested on his vette and it showed up
bad. Then he asked them to test a new one and it tested bad to lol. Turns out his wire was bad going to the alternator. What I'm getting to is your battery may have been fine.
Old 09-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Teching In

is there any fuel preasure?
Old 09-28-2010, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Fuel pressure is fine
Old 09-29-2010, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

Check for loose wires and check fuses, and if it's a stick try push starting it.

Quick Reply: Car wont start..obd2 code reader makes my head hurt...help me ahhhhhh