What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1994 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 1994 Trans Am

I'm buying this from a buddy from high school. Its an extra vehicle that he rarely drives so I dont want to completely lowball him and he's not in a hurry to sell it. I would probably paint it (add a LT1 WS6 hood), correct the suspension, fix the exhaust, and some other minor cosmetic things

'94
Automatic
Tan Leather
165,000 mi

You can see in the pic that its lowered way too far. He doesnt know what springs they are but he did cut a full coil all around. Shocks are junk. Its got Pacesetter LT's, off road 3in y-pipe, into the factory cat-back. The stock muffler has been replaced with a 2-chamber Flowmaster out the stock tips. Because the car is so low, the I-pipe has been shoved up into the tunnel causing the muffler/tips to be levered down - which is why they appear to be hanging ~8in too low.

It has no subframe connectors so the hatch (where the spoiler attaches) rubs against the rear quarters and has chipped away a good dozen square inches of paint and fiberglass on both sides. I dont know if this can be repaired but a replacement piece is ~$400. The nose has the normal spider-web cracking. Besides those issues, the body is in great shape.

The interior is clean and odor-free. Driver seat has some minor tearing of the bolster. CD player is an aftermarket unit.

Yes, those are 19x9.5 HP Racing Evo/Lightning wheels all around. Tires are 275's but seem way too narrow for the wheels (??)... I'd guess they still have ~80% life left

that year model books for $3300 in 'good' condition. I figure the hatch damage roughly equals the price of the wheels in their current condition so thats a wash.

I was going to offer $3000... think thats fair without being insulting?

TIA
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
white ta3.bmp (280.8 KB, 64 views)
Old 10-06-2010, 06:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts

That is a lot of mileage. $3,000 may be too much but that is up to you and your impressions of the car after driving it. It is NOT insulting, not at all.