Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using PowerGrip hose clamps with fuel line

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Using PowerGrip hose clamps with fuel line

So far I have plumbed my fuel system using 3/8" steel line and Teflon lined 3/8" Goodyear rubber hose. For the 3/8" quick connects (in and out of the filter/regulator and the fuel rail) I'm using Dorman 800-121.

I'm currently using fuel injection style hose clamps (they're more of a band clamp with a bolt than a worm drive clamp). I suppose they should work fine, but I noticed Speedway has some Gates PowerGrip hose clamps that will fit this size hose:

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Gates-...h-OD,8964.html

It looks like a clean way to do the hoses. Being they are quick connect, I don't have to worry about removing the clamps unless something is wrong with the hose. My biggest question is, would they be strong enough to hold? Has anyone else here used these on fuel line?

Last edited by claytonisbob; 10-08-2010 at 01:15 PM. Reason: more applicable title
Old 10-08-2010, 12:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know a guy who has used them on his radiator hoses, but I don't know about the fuel system. Sorry, I'm not much help.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not normally a crap on someone's idea person but let me ask this. What if they hold for a little while, and then relax a bit.

On a radiator application, the heat from the coolant keeps them constantly tightening.

How about just using AN fittings or flared hard line? Ditch the factory quick connect and weld / braze on a different fitting.

Quick Reply: Using PowerGrip hose clamps with fuel line