Pontiac GTO 2004-2006 The Modern Goat

A4 goat owners questions about your 1st to 2nd shifting a little hard.......

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A4 goat owners questions about your 1st to 2nd shifting a little hard.......

I have a 05 yj a4 goat and just want to see if your guy's goats does the same thing sometimes.

Sometimes basically from a stop and slowly taking off it shifts kind of hard ( Like a Jolt ) from 1st to 2nd, then from there on its nice and soft.

It has 49,000 miles and besides the point of my question here, I think it time to drain the tranny fluid and put new fluid and filter right? According to owners manaul 50,000 is the time frame. Thanks

Wanted to say it doesnt do it All The Time, seems like it depends where is the throttle peddal position while moving along. I'll verify tommorow but seems like it shifts harder from 1st to 2nd when barely taking off lightly, but if I where to get it on it a little not much, it wont do the hard shifting from 1st to 2nd.

Also you guys might say no I dont feel this or whatever, but I didnt notice or bother psoting a question about it until I saw another user post a thread about the hard firmness shifting of 1st to 2nd, so you guys tommorow and so on need to check out your a4's goats to feel it first hand.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine shifts hard after my tune, but I like it. I do think it's shifts got a little softer after I changed the trans filter and added 5.5qts of the dexron VI. Hope that helps.
Old 11-06-2010, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

I bought my 05 with 19k on the clock and bone stock. The part and light throttle 1 2 shifts felt like a shift had been installed.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Teching In

nothing to worry about.
Old 11-12-2010, 09:32 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by pctek
I have a 05 yj a4 goat and just want to see if your guy's goats does the same thing sometimes.

Sometimes basically from a stop and slowly taking off it shifts kind of hard ( Like a Jolt ) from 1st to 2nd, then from there on its nice and soft.

It has 49,000 miles and besides the point of my question here, I think it time to drain the tranny fluid and put new fluid and filter right? According to owners manaul 50,000 is the time frame. Thanks

Wanted to say it doesnt do it All The Time, seems like it depends where is the throttle peddal position while moving along. I'll verify tommorow but seems like it shifts harder from 1st to 2nd when barely taking off lightly, but if I where to get it on it a little not much, it wont do the hard shifting from 1st to 2nd.

Also you guys might say no I dont feel this or whatever, but I didnt notice or bother psoting a question about it until I saw another user post a thread about the hard firmness shifting of 1st to 2nd, so you guys tommorow and so on need to check out your a4's goats to feel it first hand.
Nothing to worry about, its good to have a nice firm crisp shift. The less slippage the better! I would also change your transfluid, just for preventive maintenance. I always change my transfluid with every oil change, (every 2,500 miles) being that i race my car so much. I also installed a B&M big tanspan that holds an extra 3qts with a drainplug installed on it and also i have a massive transcooler that holds 2qts.

Quick Reply: A4 goat owners questions about your 1st to 2nd shifting a little hard.......