Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil pan oil passages

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default oil pan oil passages

I just picked up an cts-v oil pan for my project. I had previously got a truck pan but didn't like how low it hangs.
The oil passages on the cts-v pan look like pin holes compared to the truck pan, There's allot of talk about porting the oil pump passages for better flow, Has anyone done any porting or anything to the pan for better flow. Comparing the two pans oil ports to the filter look like it would be a huge difference.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shoeboxvette
I just picked up an cts-v oil pan for my project. I had previously got a truck pan but didn't like how low it hangs.
The oil passages on the cts-v pan look like pin holes compared to the truck pan, There's allot of talk about porting the oil pump passages for better flow, Has anyone done any porting or anything to the pan for better flow. Comparing the two pans oil ports to the filter look like it would be a huge difference.
I didnt do a thing to my CTS-V pan and it runs fine, same oil pressure as the 5.3 in my truck with the stock truck pan.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a CTS-V oil pan on my swap and it has normal oil pressure. What holes are you talking about - the ones on the driver's side of the pan for the remote oil cooler? Those ones do look a little small...

Originally Posted by shoeboxvette

Quick Reply: oil pan oil passages