Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Everything I need for full dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everything I need for full dual exhaust

I'm going to get lts (probably cheap out and get pacesetter) with no emmisions, and I want an x pipe dumped before the axels with flowmasters (maybe somethig else).
So my ?s are, what's the best fitting/clearing lts?
what is everything I need to block off all emissions?
Where should I go for the headers and x pipe?
And do the exhaust kits normally come
with hanger bushings?
Also true Dyaks will fit with the subframe connected right?
Thanks guys!
Old 10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pacesetters typically fit fine with no issues.

If you still have an LS1 intake, you'll need a 1 3/8" expanding freeze plug to block the EGR port. If you have an LS6 intake, you don't need to worry about EGR. As long as you buy "race-style" headers, they won't have provisions for emissions, so you'll simply have to remove the AIR lines and pump when you install the new headers - there won't be anything to block off.

TSP duals come with bushings on the bullets, not sure about any of the other out-of-the-box duals kits (only others I know of are the LPPs and the Bassani setup, not counting the Kooks).

Duals should clear two-point SFCs fine, but you might have clearance issues with three-point/"diamond"-style SFCs.
Old 10-20-2010, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have LPP long tubes and x-pipe dumped at the axle, all stainless, $825 to the door. They are a budget system but they fit good and flow well, which my trap speed backs up. This is in conjunction with UMI 3 point subframe connectors, torque arm relocation, and torque arm. However, LPP is not a sponsor and I hear customer support isn't all that great. I don't know because I never dealt with it.

They are race style headers, and if you buy race headers (no emissions) there is nothing you need to block off on them. You do need a little plastic cap to block off the AIR fitting on the air lid though. I don't know about EGR because I don't have that.

Best fitting? ARH (American racing headers)
Where should you go? Probably a sponsor. Texas speed carries the budget pacesetter headers, and their own true dual x-pipe. Tick Performance carries the top of the line ARH and Kooks headers, and also carries Texas Speeds true duals. WS6 store is another option. Byunspeed is another good sponsor.

Exhaust systems do normally come with hangers. Mine did but they didn't work so I had to buy my own, and I had to buy exhaust band clamps too. TSP's system probably comes with what you need.

Don't forget to change your spark plugs while your at it, I got TR55s cheap from rockauto.com. Also change your header bolts, I got cheap stainless ones from Summit for $18 and they worked perfectly. Changing your exhaust gaskets are optional, but recommended. If you do change them, use GM MLS gaskets, carried by sponsors or get them from your local GM dealership.

Definitely replace your motor mounts too. Poly or prothane is a choice (I don't know what the difference is between the two). Another choice is Spohn solids, which I like. I don't find the vibrations excessive.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya I've always felt the vibrations in other peoples cars with the solid mounts. I will check out TSP and see if I can get a good price.

Xray-are you selling yours or saying Thts how much they cost new?
Old 10-20-2010, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No I love my exhaust, I was saying that's how much they cost new