Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok guys, what t.b. to use?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 05:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ok guys, what t.b. to use?

I am getting ready to start putting the motor back together within the next couple of weeks.

I am looking to get a good Big throttle body. I am looking at either the tpis, the fast 90 mm, the LG 90 mm or maybe an Accufab or??????? The main thing is I need some serious flow.

Decisions decisions. I haven't really seen too much feedback on these pieces. So I thought that I'd ask anyways and see what the board will suggest.

Thanks,
Roman
Old 01-31-2004, 07:34 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you want a big TB i'd wait till there more readily available so you can accurately assess them. the fast 90mm isnt even out yet, and theres only been one test on the LG 90mm.
Old 02-01-2004, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by romanss
I am getting ready to start putting the motor back together within the next couple of weeks.

I am looking to get a good Big throttle body. I am looking at either the tpis, the fast 90 mm, the LG 90 mm or maybe an Accufab or??????? The main thing is I need some serious flow.

Decisions decisions. I haven't really seen too much feedback on these pieces. So I thought that I'd ask anyways and see what the board will suggest.

Thanks,
Roman
What manifold are you putting it on?
Old 02-01-2004, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Old SStroker
What manifold are you putting it on?
A sheet metal intake. So I figure that pretty much any throttle body can be made to work.

So, is there any word as to when this stuff is going to be available? I need to have the car running by the end of March. I got the Hot Rod pump gas drag event to attend soon after.

Thanks,
Roman
Old 02-01-2004, 03:06 PM
PSJ Wannabe & Attention Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roman,

if you are having a manifold fabricated, just go with a big mustang style t/b. Cost is WAY cheaper and availibilty is better. I belive they make a 101 or a 102 mm t/b. That big enough ?

Originally Posted by romanss
A sheet metal intake. So I figure that pretty much any throttle body can be made to work.

So, is there any word as to when this stuff is going to be available? I need to have the car running by the end of March. I got the Hot Rod pump gas drag event to attend soon after.

Thanks,
Roman
Old 02-03-2004, 07:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brian@AP-Engineering
Roman,

if you are having a manifold fabricated, just go with a big mustang style t/b. Cost is WAY cheaper and availibilty is better. I belive they make a 101 or a 102 mm t/b. That big enough ?
What he said

There's a reason the fast GN's run mustang TB's