Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ls1 Notchback Build/Now for sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ls1 Notchback Build/Now for sale

Now that im selling my notchback roller i figured it would be a great time to overview the build. I bought the car November of 2007 with 24,000 miles and with a 302 and a vortec on it. Within a month the vortec came off and on went a 70mm turbo. When i tapped for the oil line i pulled the pan and found a piston skirt in the bottom of it Shortly there after i bought a 347 longblock. With the 347 and the turbo i just wasnt happy, so after 150 miles i decided to go back to what i knew ls motors. The ls build was about 2 1/2 years ago and i had to kind of wing it at first because there wasnt a welth of info that there is now. Over this past winter the car was gone over and restored to exactly how a build should be done. Heres an overview of it all!

Heres what i started with

Within a week

Took all the suspension out to replace with upr everything from coilovers to uppers and lowers.

Picked up a used set of welds with tires for 420 dollars and tossed them on when i got the 347 in.

Once i decided to swap the ls1 in it i chose to paint it first. Took about 3 full days to get it all done. All the body work and priming it was done in my shop then moved to a booth to spray it. All the work was done by a buddy of mine who paints for a living for next to nothing. Got the paint for free and most of the supplies also for free

Body work

Headed to get last of the priming and to be painted

In the booth

Final product

Ended up selling all of my front suspension to switch to Aje for the swap, ordered a ls harness from ls1wiringharnesses.com and got headers from kooks. The crossmember was made here and so was the full exhaust.

Trans crossmember

After Powdercoated

Catback with turndowns and magnaflows

Tubular lower core support after powdercoating

Headers after powdercoated

Motor ready to go in

For my fuel system i used a vette fuel filter, 255 intank and 6an hardline. Worked great for what i needed it for.
We put the harris speed works dry kit on the car with there controler, best thing ive ever invested in by far. No complantes!

Long story short the first setup i had in there was a 346 shortblock out of a gto, with z06 heads, a tsp 228 cam and a performabuilt level 2 4l60e with a vig 3200 stall. Car went 11.6 with that, added a 100 shot and jumped down to 10.6's. I also managed to get 22mpg on the highway, was very very happy with that. Motor finally spun a rod bearing. I had a few problems with other motors after that also.

Now for last winters transformation. I hated the gray interior so i took all that out and put all black in it. Custom door panels, custom leather rear seat cover, 99 Gt leather seats and mass black carpet. Also cut the floor out and put in floor subframe connectors, and a 8 pt cage from s&w with applied racings swingouts. Also had about 12lbs of extra bs ford wires that wernt needed cut out of the car and put a fbody gauge cluster in with working everything except the fuel gauge.

My car getting a new rear and bad6as turbo ls1 fox before his transformation

Now, i had a tsp 347 short block ordered and prc stage 1 heads and custom ground cam order and put together here locally. Took the car to the track once and managed to get a 11.1 out of it with no spray! Still had a little more in it to. Left the sway bar connected and had a pinion snubber in it still.

Id been looking to sell the car for some time now and get a different project but never really got around to it. I had so much money and time wraped up into this one i just didnt see it as worth it. About a month ago a buddy of mine was tuning it and a drunk driver pulled out infront of him and he hit him going about 10-15mph. The damage wasnt to bad just needs the bumper painted and the passenger side fender knocked out and two marker lights. Insurance said about 500 to fix it all but I decided to pick up a s10 and swap my setup into it as thats what i have wanted for some time, and sell this as a roller. ( s10 thread will but up soon)

Pic of damage (hood is poped not bent)
You can see the dent, markers, and bumper pretty well.

Heres a few finished product pictures of the car!

Thats pretty much where im at now after a 3 year process on the car. The for sale add is here on ls1tech https://ls1tech.com/forums/vehicle-c...ck-roller.html

Id like to thank Bad6as for all the help hes put into the car, it would not be where it was without his help and the many other people who put time and effort into it also!

Quick Reply: Ls1 Notchback Build/Now for sale