Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTFT andWOT fuel relation?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LTFT andWOT fuel relation?

ok i kinda noticed that if that fuel trims get adjusted from 1.56 down to 0 then i have to put in some more PE by about 1.5%. is this due to with the fuel trims off it puts more WOT fuel in and then when they get adjsuted that WOT fuel isnt there and is needed?
Old 02-02-2004, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

come on guys
Old 02-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6FirebirdTA00
ok i kinda noticed that if that fuel trims get adjusted from 1.56 down to 0 then i have to put in some more PE by about 1.5%. is this due to with the fuel trims off it puts more WOT fuel in and then when they get adjsuted that WOT fuel isnt there and is needed?
Sorry, I was going to try and answer your question last night but I don't completely understand it. Here is a try though:

If you are adjusting the LTFT's by reducing the IFR table via LS1 edit (vs 1.3)then you are adding fuel to the part throttle as well as the PE because you have told the PCM that the injectors are flowing less when in fact the injectors are not flowing less and the PCM adds more fuel. This adjustment will move a positive fuel trim towards 0 and correct a lean condition at part throttle. So after tuning the part throttle using this method you would then need to lean out your PE vs. RPM table to achieve the desired WOT AFR. I hope you are using a W02 and not trusting those narrow band 02's to dial in WOT AFR.

If you are tuning via the MAF then GOD help you because I can't.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

actually i have predator doing tunes for me so i dont know wahts goin on, its just when i have the fuel trims adjusted i notice WOT fuel change. and didnt know if that was suppose to happen