LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

hud display problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hud display problem

anybody have problems with their hud digital display? mine works but sits way too low on windshield i have to duck down to read. I tried the switch on the center console try to move is up and down or move it all doesnt work. Is there a electric motor that pivots the screen maybe locked up or somthing.?
Old 10-28-2010, 05:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I seem to remember someone on clupgp have a write up on how to fix that. IIRC, it is a spring the has to be reinstalled / replaced. I will search for it and post back after my morning meeting.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

The spring in the HUD came undone. It is held in place by a plastic lip and it breaks after a few years. Stand over the HUD outside of the car staring straight down at the HUD. Shake the car and you will see the spring move that came undone inside the HUD. It is a pain in the *** to fix. The dash and hud need to come out to do it. Sucks big time... Takes about 1 to 2 hours to fix.

-Mike
Old 10-28-2010, 08:35 AM
TECH Regular

Yep, I bought my car about 3 Weeks ago and it was off. There is a write up how to fix it here

http://www.atthetipwebs.com/technolo...ctions/hud.htm

It takes about 3 hours, I drilled out the piece that the spring pulls through. It has worked great since.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Teching In

yep i see the spring laying there unhooked. I found out i still have a limited warranty on everything. so i will try to have to dealer fix it. i kinda noticed when i first bought the car the hud switch was dimmed on the lowest setting probably because they knew it was broke. But cant fool me I check everything over and i got a small grocery list for the dealer to address some minor problems including the hud display. Rack pinion leak wheelbearing play left outer tierod slight play hud display... Getting fixed now and not pay later lol.

Quick Reply: hud display problem