Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reoccuring problem with SS need help

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reoccuring problem with SS need help

hey guys need your help, i recently got my car tuned and dyno'ed. i went to the track two weeks later and first pass did ok. the second pass the car hit the rev limiter on every shift and i left it in D no manual shifting. i have asked a few people but they seemed to be stunned and do not know what is going on. when i got it tuned the guy told me that the shift point was set at 6350 but could push to 6700 has anybody had this problem before. thanks for your help
Old 11-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Restricted User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds like you got a case of the 4L60 blues.
Old 11-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

are there any other signs besides this. is the tranny suppose to slip or what? cause when i ran the car down the strip i didn't feel any slippage, you could feel the car still pulling when it was hitting the rev limiter. i would release the gas and the gear would shift great and when i got back on the gas there was no hesitating at all.
Old 11-07-2010, 09:14 AM
On The Tree

There are basically 2 settings involved here - WOT shift at rpm vs. WOT shift at speed. If the speed shift is set at higher rpm than the RPM shift limit, the PCM will command the shift at that speed instead of the RPM shift points set in the tables elsewhere. If your rev limiter is set at a lower RPM than the RPM for the speed at which it would shift, then you'll bang the limiter.

It basically sounds like your settings for shift at throttle position / speed are set too high for WOT - when you let off the throttle a little bit, you fall into a lower speed / shift range and the thranny will then shift.

If everything is set correctly, then you either have a bad speed reading (different tire size, etc) or you're experiencing shift delays through some other problem (tranny, etc)

Bird
Old 11-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

i was also informed on doing what you mentioned bird. i made a phone call to the shop that tuned my car and i am going to take it back so they can take a look at it and see what comes out. thanks for all the help guys.