Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone installed a carb on your LS-1??

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 06:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone installed a carb on your LS-1??

I recently put a Victor Jr w/ a Holley 750 DP on my LS-1 that's now in a T-bucket & I'v got it just about ready to start. However on the front of the engine there is a steam pipe that used to go to the intake when it was injected that needs to be blocked off & same on the rear of the engine. Edelbrock gave me part numbers for a pipe for the front & block off plates for the back from an LS-6 that are supposed to fix the problem but GM is telling me the part numbers are no longer valid. If any body has encountered this I'd appreciate knowing how you fixed it.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tommy396
I recently put a Victor Jr w/ a Holley 750 DP on my LS-1 that's now in a T-bucket & I'v got it just about ready to start. However on the front of the engine there is a steam pipe that used to go to the intake when it was injected that needs to be blocked off & same on the rear of the engine. Edelbrock gave me part numbers for a pipe for the front & block off plates for the back from an LS-6 that are supposed to fix the problem but GM is telling me the part numbers are no longer valid. If any body has encountered this I'd appreciate knowing how you fixed it.
here are some pics of my setup i'm running the same 750 DP with the victor Jr manifold

Old 11-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Launching!

Try looking in here https://ls1tech.com/forums/carbureted-lsx-forum-172/ many ppl are running carbs on LS engines when they retrofit them in pre EFI cars.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:53 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for responding guys! The pipe I have on the front of my engine looks just like yours, but where does the rubber hose go to? And what did you do on the rear of the engine?
Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tommy396
Thanks for responding guys! The pipe I have on the front of my engine looks just like yours, but where does the rubber hose go to? And what did you do on the rear of the engine?
the hose on the front vent is going to the valve cover with a breather inbetween and the rear of the drivers side valve cover has a pvc on it with a hose going to the back of the carburator to suck out any pressure