Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch dead pedal question.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch dead pedal question.

I dont know if this falls under technical dead clutch feeling, or if its more, but recently when im accelerating full throttle, I go to shift gears but find my pedal near the floor already and ill have to pump it a few times or let it sit a moment before it comes back up for me to safely shift again.

once, i was banging gears hard, and halfway through 3rd the rpm's just shot up like if i was free revving in neutral, so i let off, pulled the shifter out of gear and found my clutch pedal just stuck to the floor and i had to pump it again to get it back up..

so obviously, my clutch is losing fluid pressure and not grabbing in that instance, and others, im just losing my pedal. real bad too.

my clutch was installed in april this year, and of coarse, fluid was changed, should I try bleeding the system or try a fluid flush? will a dot 4 brake fluid or an actual "clutch" fluid be any better replacement?

could this also be a sign of a weak slave cylinder/clutch release assembly?
Old 11-15-2010, 12:23 AM
On The Tree

ttt?.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:39 PM
Teching In

I am having the same problem i keep loosing my clutch when i go full throttle. I just bought the car and as far as i know it is the stock clutch though. I defiantly know the feeling of having to let off early in a race...

Quick Reply: clutch dead pedal question.