Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy, switched teams, '06 GXP from Central IL

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy, switched teams, '06 GXP from Central IL

Whats happenin.

Cliff notes version: New guy from Central Illinois who had a modded mustang and replaced it with a Silver '06 GXP. Long time forum poster, 1st LS motor car, happy to be here.

I'll probably be most active in the LS4 section but will be lurking around everywhere. I've been pretty immersed in the mod-motor world the last few years and am only familiar with the basics of the current generation GM engines, so, I have some knowledge gaps to fill in.

More details:

So I used to have this, and it was my namesake on every forum for 8 years, which is why I carried it over here. Never know who I might recognize.

Over those 8 years, it went from stock with tan interior to...

4V swap with a 1998 Lincoln Mark VIII engine, SCT Xcal2 programmer, FMS stainless shortys, O/R H-pipe, dynomax ultra-flows, Spec Stage 2 clutch, rebuilt trans, Maximum Motorsports clutch adjuster/quadrant, B+M shifter, all new bearings + posi clutches and a 4.10 gear out back, Tubular K-Member/A-Arms, Strange 10-way struts, lakewood drag shocks in the back, coilovers on all 4 corners, '04 Cobra wheels + Nt05s all around, black interior swap + ricer buckets and rear seat delete, and probably some crap I forgot. It was fun but not too practical anymore, had a lot of miles, and was sort of a money pit and still not done. The paint was getting a little rough but you can't tell in that picture, and it was just time for something different after 8 years.

Traded that even up for something which I traded in...

So I bought this wednesday. Bone stock, 52K, nice shape. Scoots pretty well for a bigger car, first FWD car I've ever bought, but it suits what I need out of a car these days. Probably not going to mod it much, after the last car, I just want to put gas in something and drive it for a while! Will probably do intake/exhaust/tune and after doing some reading, sounds like a trans cooler might be a good idea!

Weighed it at the barge terminal and it came in at 3880 with me in it and a full tank of gas, I'm about 230 so call the car about 3650, not as bad as I expected for a full size car. The Mustang was 3400 exactly with me in it and a full tank so its a little bigger, but I tell you what, this LS4 makes torque that a B-head (1993-1998) 4.6 4-Valve car can only dream about! That thing was fantastic above 4K but even with a 5 speed and 4.10 rear end it was pretty soft on the low end. Its seriously like comparing a diesel to a 2-stroke.

[IMG]

So that's my deal! Be seein' everyone around.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:19 AM
On The Tree

I feel your pain on the 4v low end; but damn do they scream when you get them twisted! Did you have a stock mark VIII intake setup or the cobra? Nice gxp tho! I love those
Old 11-13-2010, 06:22 AM
On The Tree

Wow, big switch Ford to GM, RWD to FWD. How is the torque steer on those? Oh and welcome
Old 11-13-2010, 09:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

welcome sir nice car