Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

tire advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 06:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tire advice needed

I know this isn't an LSx powered car, but here goes- I have a single turbo 351 86 GT, C4 with 3200 stall, 4cyl front springs, no sway bar and tubular upper/lower in the rear. The one and only pass I have made so far was on 26x10.5x15 ET Streets and the car ran a 1.54 60' without even trying very hard.

I am hoping someone has run both tires and can recommend one over the other. I am leaning towards another set of bias since they worked well on the car and I read they are much more forgiving of track prep and such, but am curious about the radial. I heard that track prep and suspension setup are key with the radial- I only run at test and tune and/or street night, don't compete or anything so track prep is so-so and my suspension is nothing wild as posted.

How about on the street- does one hook better than the other? The car is a "street" car, but is rarely driven and will never be driven in rain or anything and I'm not overly concerned about handling, just want to make sure I don't buy the "wrong" tire for it if one will hook better than the other. Thanks.
Joe