Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New PCM package!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2004, 02:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation New PCM package!!

Just got off the phone with Brian at Mototron. According to him, they will be releasing a new fuel management system in various forms from a basic piggyback unit to a full blown standalone system. The best part that i can see is that unlike EDIT, it will be adjustable on the fly! No more flash it/try it experimenting! It will also have the abilities to run via MAF or a true speed density configuration. These are just a few of the features that it will provide. I have been asked to keep the pricing under wraps for the time being, but, he said to expect the systems to be available within six months or at least by the end of this year. Sounds good to me. I will be in constant contact with him and any suggestions/features that anyone can come up with would be certainly helpful. Keep in mind also, this is not anything like EDIT but an advanced system for mild to hardcore LS-1 setups. More to come.
Old 02-04-2004, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

have you seen these?

I used on on my vw, signed up as a dealer it cost like $137 shipped. Decent little unit. Decided to rom emulate instead
Old 02-04-2004, 06:07 PM
11 Second Club

this is going to be a WHOLE lot different than that. the Mototron unit will piggyback the factory unit and have much more tuning capabilities via laptop. like i said, it is still in the final stages of development and they aren't saying much about it at this time.
Old 02-04-2004, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds great. Thanks for the heads up. Lots of good news today.
Old 02-04-2004, 08:37 PM
11 Second Club

i'll put this in here too. mototron is looking for a FEW people that are SERIOUS about trying/testing/evaluating their up and coming system. if you are interested, please e-mail me (txiggy@comcast.net) and i will pass the information on to the appropriate people there.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Looks like they have a good base.

http://www.mototron.com/prod_ls1_ems.htm
Old 02-04-2004, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Please let me stress the point that they are looking for VERY SERIOUS buildups here. For an extreme example, see Harlan's profile. This is technically not a street legal setup, then again neither is my exhaust.

Looks like an interesting project there Dale! Should be scary fast in that light body.