Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet DST

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet DST

Who has it, was it worth it to you, are you kicking yourself in the nuts for not getting a different product?

I want to get into tuning, the Jet DST seems to be the cheapest. Should I suck it up for another brand and also dish out the money that other brand(s) is/are going to require?

Is there a lot of support for it? What features are good, or where does it fall short compared to other products?

I have full exhaust, but plan to get heads/cam/intake, and maybe a 408ci down the road.

Thank you in advance!
Old 11-25-2010, 06:19 PM
On The Tree

I got one a couple years ago, The user interface leaves a LOT to be desired.
At the time i got JET because HP Tuners would not do a 97 s-10. They still don't do that year but my engine spun a rod bearing.
It got swapped to a 5.3 and i use my buddy's HP tuners now and it is night and day difference!! Hp gives you user friendly menus not just a drop down menu a mile long.

What made one MAD customer of jet was when i had used up all of the 4 credits it came with, Called them up to get more credits and it turns out that I can send them the tuner and they will put 1 more credit on it (for around $200) After 5 credits you can not ever get any more credits for the jet pos.

For your car it is WELL worth spending the extra money up front to get hp tuners.
Efi Live also has menus that are laid out like jet, Hard to use.

Get the hp Tuners pro Has the data logging inputs. Speaking of data logging that's another killer for JET has NO data logging capabilities at ALL!
Old 11-25-2010, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Thank you! That's what I was looking for. I'd rather not get the $350+ shaft, and just suck it up and be happy spending almost twice as much to be twice as happy!
Old 11-25-2010, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

As sad as it is it is worth twice as much up front! If you get tired of hp tuners you can sell it. Its not a paper weight like my box, well its not like i can sell it. At lest i still own 1 engine/pcm/truck that i have the credit for.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:09 PM
Launching!

I only got Jet DST as it was the only program that supported my 4.3 Jimmy, I can't compare it to others but will use it on the T/A because I have it. I think it will give access to anything the others do, I wish that it had logging capability and real time tuning/diagnostics, I don't know how well these features work though? I did find it very hard to find tuning support locally because nobody uses it, HP Tuners seems to be the most common. Hope this helps, Les...

Quick Reply: Jet DST