LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

help? car wont start...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help? car wont start...

Well my shifter lights werent lighting up, so I thought I would do a simple project and change out the light bulb. I had the driver door open the whole time, so the interior lights were on. Well just when I get the light changed out and start putting everything back together, I get a message on the DIC saying "charging system failure" and then it says "battery saver mode". Well I didnt think anything of it because I was just about done.
When I finally got everything back together and tried to start it, it just clicks multiple times very quickly. I tried disconnecting the battery, and I tried jump starting it with another car, but still same results. Any ideas?

p.s. its a 2006 GXP
Old 11-27-2010, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

put a charger on it and charge the battery for an hour or so and try it. if your jumpstarting it make sure you are using a GOOD set of cables and the battery terminals are tight and corrosion free. if this still fails and you know the battery is good, could be the starter.
Old 11-27-2010, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

If none of that works; welcome to yellow or red top world.

-Mike
Old 11-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Well I finally got it started. I put it on a charger for about an hour and it fired up. Looks like ill be in the market for a yellow top soon.