Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Is my ls7 clutch on its way out?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is my ls7 clutch on its way out?

Well here is the story clutch seems to be working like it should and has held up pretty DAMN good so far. I can launch the car on the radials powershift 2nd, 3rd, and into forth but once I get into forth clutch starts to slip and motor just revs. The last time this happend the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. Once I get some time I am going to bleed the hydros to see if that helps, just seeing if anyone else had these issues with ls7 or any other clutch.
Old 11-27-2010, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are there any issues when you drive normally? Also, what hydraulics are you running?
Old 11-28-2010, 05:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jakes4321
Well here is the story clutch seems to be working like it should and has held up pretty DAMN good so far. I can launch the car on the radials powershift 2nd, 3rd, and into forth but once I get into forth clutch starts to slip and motor just revs. The last time this happend the clutch pedal stuck to the floor. Once I get some time I am going to bleed the hydros to see if that helps, just seeing if anyone else had these issues with ls7 or any other clutch.
If you do a search you will see lots of pedal sticks to floor issues. Flush the hydraulic fluid completely, clean out the master cylinder bowl and bleed the system.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had this clutch for about 2 years with plenty of 5,500 rpm launches on et streets, this is the first time it happened. I usually change clutch fluid usually about every month or when I change the oil.

No other issues with clutch I actually have been very impressed with it.

2002 hydros with drill mod
FLT built t56 hurst shifter
ls7 clutch ls2 flywheel
All about 2 years old with about 7k for miles

I NEVER had an issue with powershiftin with this clutch and hydro setup. Car has gone a best of 11.60 at 119 with 1.7 60' yankin the fronts then breakin loose about 10 feet out. I had stock front suspension but now I have strange SA's up front.

I can put car in 4th at about 5mph and punch it and clutch does not slip at all. Only happens when I bang 4th and it doesnt happen everytime.
Old 11-28-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It seems the stock hydraulics, even with the drill mod can be a real hit and miss situation. It may do it all the time.. It may do once in a blue moon, but it sounds like the hydraulic issue everyone has.

My wifes car (cam, full bolt ons) with completely stock hydros will only make it through first and second before the pedal sticks.

Quick Reply: Is my ls7 clutch on its way out?