Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

weld magnum bead lock

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 04:37 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weld magnum bead lock

i just bought a set of weld magnums and im am unsure on how well bead lock screws will work due to the lack of a nice flat spot in the area that a screw would go any help or pics would be great i would like to see it done before i destroy a $500 wheel
thanks
Old 12-06-2010, 10:05 AM
On The Tree

The very outer lip on the Weld is rolled over double, on the very upper part of this roll is a small flat area. Offset your holes slightly to the inside of the flat and drill through the doubled outer lip. The double layer will hold the screw better and is less likely to "loose" its threads from repeated mounting. The offset to the inside will cause the screw head to hang off to the inside of the rolled lip BUT it will not hang off to the outside (where it could interfer with the tire side wall.) If you read the literature from Goodyear they reccommend angled screws (about 45 degree from the vertical of the tire sidewall) which would require drilling holes in the radius corresponding to the tire bead foot. in real life I have seen very few people add these angled screws as the ones through the lip are usually enough.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Teching In

thank you very much very helpful ill look at the wheelas soon as i get home once again thanks