Sponsored by:

still at the wiring...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default still at the wiring...

Hello,

Just trying to get some things through my head while I am continuing wiring my ls1. I have kind of done my wiring out of order. I wired my fans first. Then I am getting to the harness.

I am using the setup shown by http://www.lt1swap.com/fuseblock_obd2port.html I also have an extra fuse block for the fans.

If someone could confirm what I am doing sounds correct...

I will need a hot wire to the ignition switch. It should have a 5 or 10 amp fuse before it. This wire should go to the battery terminal on the ignition switch.

The ignition switch will have an Ign terminal that will go to a relay that will connect to the pink wires(with 15 amp fuse for each leg except the o2 sensor which gets a 20A). The pink wires are the ones that are hot when the ignition is on (connectors C100 A and G, C101 B and E, and C105 B). These are the PCM voltage, tranny/egr, two ignition banks, and the o2 sensor)

The S terminal on the ignition switch will go to the purple wire connected to the starter.

The orange wires from the C101 and C105 will all be connected to individual fuses on a block. The block will be hot all the time. Each will have a 10A fuse. There are two orange or always hot wires. One is to the Battery positive voltage for the PCM and one for PCM air solenoid relay.

The wire that will run from the PCM to the relay for the fans will be a negative one. This means the other side of the relay that powers the relay will be a positive.

What size should the fuse be for the fuel pump?

Could someone look over my thoughts and please confirm them.

Thanks