What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2001 Turbo'ed V6 Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2001 Turbo'ed V6 Firebird

Hey Guys,

I need to sell my first performance car (painful), and I have no idea how to price it because it's a weird mix: lots of mods (below), very low miles, great body condition. It isn't fully drivable: black smoke in the exhaust (from a burnt IAT sensor cable is my guess), but I think if I had the time I could get it up and running.

I built this car myself and with the help of some pro friends. It's been drag-raced a little bit (<60 runs I’d say), but always on street tires - high 13's come out when you launch well. It was designed as a daily-driver though, so it's not like this is a trailer queen by any stretch.

I probably spent over $15K on modifications over the years (not to mention the original car). It's been a great ride, but I'm trying to figure out how to sell such a modded car.

Here's the basics:

Car: 2001 Pontiac Firebird V6
Mileage: 34000 miles
Interior: Dark gray panels / gray cloth
Engine: 3.8L V6 (w/ custom turbo system)
Transmission: Automatic

Factory Options:

- Power locks/windows/seats
- Ground effects kit
- 500 Watt Monsoon Sound System w/ CD player, AM/FM, and retractable antenna.

Performance Modifications:

Engine
- Professionally Turbocharged with Custom system (merge collectors, ceramic coated, Precision T3/T4)
- Spearco Intercooler, HKS blow-off value, Turbonetics external wastegate
- MSD DIS-4 ignition system + coil packs/wires
- Custom aluminum air intake box
- Magnaflow 3" stainless exhaust
- HP Tuners custom tuning software ($500 retail)

Suspension
- 17" Chrome Firehawk wheels + Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires (90% tread / Y-rated) - Koni single-adjustable performance shocks/struts
- Ground-Control adjustable coil-over kit + stiffer Eibach springs
- "Strano" sway-bars front&rear (setup that won F-Body autocross in 2005)
- Torque arm

Electronics
- Three interior gauges (Autometer Cobalt) were added: Boost, Fuel Pressure and air/fuel ratio.
- A/F is a wideband setup, fed in to the gauge and with it's own display in the center console
- HP Tuners engine tuning software, able to reconfigure virtually any setting for the engine/transmission.
- A currently unused Apexi AVC-R boost controller is concealed in the center console, and also an unused HKS Turbo timer in the glove box
Old 12-12-2010, 10:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm gonna say 10 or 11 but it's gonna be EXTREMELY tough to get that. It's still a V6 and running slower times as a stock LS1, and the LS1 still have more potential than your car. That's why I don't understand people that throw money into the V6. Turbo GN's exception.

Last edited by 00MaroonZ28; 12-12-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Ya your going to have to find the right buyer for that car. Its not fast enough to get most people attracted unless their into the V6 F-body scene. I sold my V6 Camaro with 95,000 miles on it a year ago for $5,000. I had maybe $2,000 in mods but I had it for 4 years and bought it for $6,000. Go try some V6 f-body forums and see what they say.

Quick Reply: 2001 Turbo'ed V6 Firebird