Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kwik bracket

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kwik bracket

got a complete 5.3 putting in a 1964 impala.put a f-body oil pan and intake.can i use the 5.3 alt. and ps with the kwik bracket?and run all the 5.3 acc.(for ex.)front pulley,wp,ps,alt.idle,ten.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default f body intake

hello. what bracket r u referring to. my suggestion is if you're going to use the 5.3 acc.(power steering/waterpump etc.) with the f-body intake, just buy the bracket/tensioner that redirects/reroutes the belt. you should be able to find the info on this ls1tech website. i dont know if i can say the company's name since they may not be a sponsor. im dying to see how this products work. hope this helps. also you may want to call kwik and get some tech help prior to the purchase. another copmpany makes this bracket im referring to. keep wrenchin'.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you have the kwik performance bracket you can use everything except the 5.3 ps pump, it wont fit. Also the kwik perf bracket relocates the tensioner out of the way of the f-bodies intake and throttle, no need to search for anything else. A good candidate for a type 2 ps pump that will fit the bracket is one from a pontiac montana, but you'll have to do a remote resevoir with it. Pm me if you need more info.

Quick Reply: kwik bracket