Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Going feather

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 12:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Going feather

Been awhile since I've been on here! I just wanted to get some info on the 98-02 WS6 and I figured this is the place to seek it. I sold the SS and I'm in the market for a WS6. I'd like to know if there are any major differences from the SS to the WS6 or how do I know if I'm buying a clone? Thanks fellas...
Old 12-14-2010, 10:17 PM
TECH Resident

A genuine WS6 will have "ws6" in the rpo codes on the inside of the drivers door. There are actually a couple of decent ones I saw on craigslist around Atlanta here. I think the only major difference is the styling, a WS6 seems to draw attnetion/respect with its Ram Air hood and fascia as opposed to an SS. All the nuts and bolts are pretty much the same between the 2, you can't go wrong with an M6 WS6, I'm knee deep into mods on mine.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Titanws6
A genuine WS6 will have "ws6" in the rpo codes on the inside of the drivers door. There are actually a couple of decent ones I saw on craigslist around Atlanta here. I think the only major difference is the styling, a WS6 seems to draw attnetion/respect with its Ram Air hood and fascia as opposed to an SS. All the nuts and bolts are pretty much the same between the 2, you can't go wrong with an M6 WS6, I'm knee deep into mods on mine.
Thanks brother, been looking hard. We'll see what I can come up with!