Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Who has or has worked on a 93-97 Firebird with a shaky headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who has or has worked on a 93-97 Firebird with a shaky headlight?

1) I checked the headlight thread, no mention to a solution.
2) I utilized the search function all over tech, and ALMOST found a solution (some guy said he was going to do a 100% effective write-up) but there is no resolution...the guy hasn't posted in years.

So...I figured I'd make my own thread as I am experiencing the problem myself. Drivers side only (so far...)
I am sure this problem has been going on for a while but with my recent conversion to HIDs...the shaky beam is much more apparent.
Prelimary checks (took off the lid and metal top plate) seem to show the rear side pivot arms MIGHT be worn.

Any other people experiencing/have experienced this issue?
I know its widespread...and i'm tired of reading the same garbage about the motor gears every time i search for trans am headlight.

Chime in..maybe we can finally put forth a decent troubleshooting/repair guide.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this problem on my 95 formula years ago. If I remember correctly my problem was where the pivot arm mounts to the housing. It looked like there was a rubber bushing/grommet in there that was missing. When my light was in the up position, I could grab it and move it up and down slightly which is what I was seeing when driving. I wedged something in there (don't remember what) for a temp fix then forgot about it. Hope this helps.