Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replacement headers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 08:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replacement headers?

I need to replace my stock manifolds and I wish I could go long tubes but a have a few good friends who are in law enforcement and they are giving me the no-go sign. but i do need to replace these things. Who makes a cheap shorty header? im not looking for any gains, just to get a set of manifolds from the dealer i have a feeling is going to be more expensive than getting aftermarket. is JBA the only company who makes them?
thanks fellas
Travis
Old 02-07-2004, 08:53 AM
TECH Resident

See if you can get a set of 01 or 02 manifolds used. They should flow almost as good as a set of shorty headers.
Old 02-07-2004, 08:56 AM
TECH Resident

Hooker also makes shorties. My buddies selling a set for $150

They are ceramic coated. still in good shape only about 8K on them (no winters)
Old 02-07-2004, 09:00 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by slik98z
I need to replace my stock manifolds and I wish I could go long tubes but a have a few good friends who are in law enforcement and they are giving me the no-go sign. but i do need to replace these things. Who makes a cheap shorty header? im not looking for any gains, just to get a set of manifolds from the dealer i have a feeling is going to be more expensive than getting aftermarket. is JBA the only company who makes them?
thanks fellas
Travis
Where do you live? Must be CA.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I live in Northern Va. Basically just like Cali except for the state and Local police are even more bored cause most of the crime here is either Fraud or automobile violations lol. Only reason i don't go lt's is because i live by two police officers, both of which don't really care but they have a buncha new guys coming in and they are warning me that they are hard core by the book. and now they got new toys cause they can afford them (damn taxes) so they can test just about anything here. the literally threw out the idea of OBDII emissions testing because of 02 sims and mil eliminators (for fords). so not only are they dick heads, they are performance upgrade savvy ricardo cabezas.

gimp98tnt, id love to pick those up from your friend but im gonna have to pass for now, my stock manifolds will hold up, i just had to drill out all the damn bolts cause the stock ones had hardened to the manifold studs, when i put in my bigger y pipe. which by the way with a loudmouth, not a good move when yo ulive near bitchy *** cops lol.

thanks for the replies gentlemen i appreciate the info. i guess im just gonna have to look hard to shop around, not many places seem to even worry about selling shorty headers. what kinda gain to you get from these things anyways? i couldn't imagine it being any worse than say a 5.0 stang which i picked up 5 rwhp with a set of shorties, befor ei went the lt route. nothing one can feel but still a gain nonetheless.
thanks again
Travis
Old 02-10-2004, 09:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you a member of www.easternfbody.com ?

There a "few" of us violators running around the DC area