Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding catback, what combo next ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 09:33 AM
AGL
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding catback, what combo next ?

Before spring arrives I'll be adding a hooker catback system. I want to add
headers next but unclear as to what combination goes with the headers -
headers w/converter, headers w/o converters, headers w/new y-pipe,ect.
looking for best combo that will not trigger any codes !!!!!. I will eventually be adding heads/cam. Right now I don't have to worry about emisions, but who knows for how long. I'm also not in a situation where I can change the set-up whenever I have too.

I'll be in and out of this forum all day, I have lotsof places to be this weekend. Please be patient, I'll be back !!!! Winter!!!
Old 02-07-2004, 06:18 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well, one option for you is the FLP setup, it comes with LT's, Y pipe, cats, and off-road pipes. that way you can switch between cats and ORP's when you need to. if not, play it safe and just get the LT's of your choice and a catted Y, either custom or pre-made. i prefer customs, you can get some carsound cats for under 150 a pair, pick up a flowmaster merge collector (30-50 bucks) and then have a shop fab up the rest. either way with LT's you'll need a new Y pipe. just use o2 sims for the rear or delete the codes with predator or ls1 edit and you'll be good to go. you'll need 2 o2 extension for the front o2 sensors. and as far as LT's go, they all net the same relative gain, what your paying for is fit, finish, and quality. most popular are pacesetters, jet hots/hookers, and kooks/qtp.
Old 02-08-2004, 05:40 AM
JRC
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put on Jet hot headers and Y pipe then the hooker cat back,it was a easy bolt on system.