Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Western MA z28

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default New Western MA z28

Hey guys...

I have browsed this board a few times, but I just decided to register as my project has taken a new turn and there is a wealth of knowledge available.

I am from Western Ma and I recently acquired a new project. I bought the car out of Newton MA, and it is a 1995 z28. I picked it up as a rolling chassis. The car had no drive train, but someone had clearly put some time into her. The car has been mini-tubed, has newer paint, 6pt wolfe weld-in bar, Glasstek 4" bolt-on cowl hood and a few other goodies. The car appears to have been painted a similar white to the Cadillacs (has a slight silver pearl in it), as well as having the "hockey" stripe painted on. Im not big on graphics, and it looks a lot better in person lol.

...and of course I had to play around with the idea of where my T6 Garrett turbo could sit

I was originally going to run a gen 1 sbc from my caprice in this car, but I recently scored a VERY good deal on an Lq4 6.0L (hence why I joined up here). This car is going to be street driven in the summertime, and this seems to be the most reliable route to take to run a low 10 high 9 second car on pump gas.

I will start a built thread soon and keep updating my progress as I go.

Also...if you feel inclined to look at it....here is my 1981 Caprice project I have had for the past two years. I JUST sold the car as a rolling chassis, but either way, it was pretty cool for what it was. Its a 4dr that tips the scale at 4040lbs with me in it. It had an iron headed 350 flat top motor that trapped 114mph with a 150hp shot on little 215 walmart white-walls

...and a motor pass against a bolt-on 'bird

Best run in that car was 12.3 @ 114mph (2.0 60')

Regards!
Old 12-25-2010, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome! Im from mass too. Nice project you got on your hands now.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to the site. The Camaro looks like a damn good starting point.