Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

no rev or throttle

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no rev or throttle

I have done a 5.3 swap with a hot cam in my 1995 4x4 chevy truck. It has a manual trans and transfer case. I hope that ya'll may be able to help me out. Heres my problem. When you first crank the engine you can rev it for about 2 min after that it just chokes itself out when i try to rev it. IF I hold the throttle in a certain spot it just surges like its getting gas then not. Ok so I take pin 32 and 34 on blue connector and apply a ground and i have my throttle back. I tried to find some info on this and everything I find saying the vss not hooked up. I belive I do since my speedometer is working. Does anyone know what im doing wrong. Thanks for your help and time
Old 12-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Teching In

I am finishing up a 5.3 swap into a 94 c1500, and when I first started it up it would idle decent, but would bog and die at the slightest touch of throttle. I noticed that only two header pipes were getting warm. Turns out, 6 of the 8 injectors were stopped up completely. Could be your problem as well, it's easy enough to check.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:48 AM
Teching In

I better check that then