Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Tires for 04 GTO?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 08:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires for 04 GTO?

Hey guys its that time again for tires. I have officially sworn off "Good for a Year's" and am just going to go with something less expensive. My Eagle F1 A/S suck and i've had two pair in two years and I dont drive that aggressive. They (ALL 4) feathered to the point my change in the cupholder would dance at low speeds despite rotating them and aligning the thing all the time. Luckily the second set was free from GY since I bitched enough and wrote the BBB on the place I bought them from. The two I looked at (like I said cheap) were Michelins Riken Raptor's and BFG's g-Force sport. The tread wear rating isnt that great but I was wondering who was running either one of these tires. If I do decide to just get a good set it will be the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus. Any info or criticism is greatly appreciated guys. New Kollar outer tie rods were just ordered and its about time for Pedders' struts, due to my pass frt tire scrubs the damn fender liner when the wheels are all the way to the left. any insight on why that may be happening is appreciated too. Thanks guys.
Old 12-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

I have Riken Raptors on one car and G-force A/S on the other. The Rikens wear well, ride comfortably, are fairly sticky in the dry and good in the wet. They become slippery when the weather turns cold; I would rate them for warm climates only. They are NOT an all-season tire.

The G-force A/S do all things well - except for riding a little hard - but they will probably wear like your Goodyears. I've heard the non A/S version wears better but I haven't owned them.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Hmm well what kind of miles have you gotten out of the Rikens? I know for a long wearing tire I'm going to have to pay but I'm just curious about the Rikens. I think I've only seen like one bad review?
Old 12-27-2010, 02:18 PM
11 Second Club

I got a set of BFG G-Force Sports about 1300 miles ago, they are amazing and cheap! Hook real well and I have more confidence taking a corner and driving in the rain.

I had some Falken ZIEX 512s that came on the car when I got it...and i had trouble hooking up until 60 on an almost bone stock LS1 when it was dry, I was fearing for my life in the rain! it was horrible.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Well does anyone have any insight on a good tire with a decent tread wear rating 400+ that WONT feather?
Old 12-28-2010, 02:18 PM
LS1Tech Platinum Sponsor

1. Have alignment checked
2. Rotate every 6k miles if possible.

I would then go with the BF Goodrich GForce Supersport AS as the best option.

Quick Reply: Tires for 04 GTO?