Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any one own a Superchips tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2004, 02:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Any one own a Superchips tuner?

A good friend of mine is closing up his shop and gave me a tuner from superchips. Its for a 98 z28, so it would work on my car (thats what I thought), I pluged it up and the tuner says "calibration not installed!". What is it talking about? So the directios say to hit yes after the first question, so I did. Then the programer says "no responce form PCM" WTF I made sure the cable was in at both ends, and the ignition is in the "on" postion (not running). The only thing I can think of is that someone had used the programer on another car and did not return it back to stock? What are your thoughts on this plastic paper wieght?
Old 02-08-2004, 06:27 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think "Calibration not installed" means the program has NOT been downloaded. I have Superchips Tuner for 1998 Fbody. But, I have not used it since I got LS1-Edit over a year and a half ago I never got the "No Response..." msg.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Did you like the superchips and was it worth the money?
Old 02-10-2004, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

i actually have 2 units that i was given with my supercharger. 1st off the tuner should have a vin # from the car it was orignally sent for, this way thats the only car you can use it for. thats the way mine are anyway. my experience with supertuners was horrible, if you want a good reliable tune, bring it somewhere and have it dyno tuned.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Superchips Rocks on my '99

I use my Superchips tuner to restore the factory settings when I take it back in for warranty work to the dealership. When I re-tune it, it sounds much louder and it's REAL SOTP difference. I wouldn't live without it ... unless, of course, I could afford LS1Edit.