PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0102, P0121, P0803 Help Please!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0102, P0121, P0803 Help Please!

The car is still running from the H/C/I 346ci motor tune. I am now a stroked 408ci with a bigger cam but stock heads and stock LS1 intake with EGR deleted as opposed to the Stage 2.5 PRC 5.3L heads and LS6 intake that were on the 346ci motor. The car drives "ok" but the bucking and surging is beyond annoying and to get it rolling, you have to slip the clutch out pretty slowly at atleast 1500-2000 RPM or it will just want to fall flat on its face. It is almost undrivable until it warms up. After 2 or 3k RPM, it pulls like a raped ape to 5,500RPM I've taken it to thus far. I am also missing the throttle cable bracket that goes on the intake manifold to the lines are zip tied in place along the fuel rail, but I don't think that would throw the TPS code. I know it definitely needs a tune, but I was hoping a MAF would atleast help out some and make the "get going process" a little easier on the clutch.

EDIT: Just called some parts stores to see if I could buy a TPS sensor and return it if it didn't solve my problems, but thats a no-go. I'm wondering if I get a new TPS sensor, then maybe the MAF would work because it was "supposed" to be in working condition according to the guy of LS1Tech, but I don't have the best luck in the world lol. Anyone know if these problems could be related? About to go get all the codes scanned. Just don't want to buy a $40 TPS sensor that I can't return and have it do nothing. If I go grab a TPS sensor, any particular one to stay away from? Napa and Advanced both have them but they range in price form $30-$55

Been doing some more research... Any chance a blown ENG SEN fuse could be causing all of this? I am about to go to advanced to get it scanned to get all the codes but may hold off on buying stuff till I figure out what exactly is goin on and plus I could maybe score some parts from you fellas on here as opposed to stores. I honestly want to just take it to a tuner and have them deal with it all seeing how they know more about this than I do, but I'd be afraid of the bill at the end lol, especially if its a few sensors that I could change if I KNEW they were the problem. For all I know, I could buy a new MAF and TPS sensor, install them, and have them both not work because of a stupid fuse.

EDIT: Just went to Advanced to get all the codes pulled
1.) P0102 - MAF or VAF circuit low input
2.) P0121 - TPS Sensor
3.) P0803 - 1-4 Upshift circuit malfunction (Probably my skip shift delete)

Popped the fuse box and the ENG SEN fuse appears to be fine. Got the car back home and unplugged the battery just to reset the ECU and unplugged the TPS and MAF plugs to clean them really good and plugged everything back in. SES light was still on and it took a good couple minutes to get the idle from 1500 RPM when I first started it to the 950 RPM idle it is tuned to do. After it started idling at 950, I unplugged the TPS sensor (while engine was still running and MAF is still plugged in) and nothing changed at all. It hesitated really bad when I tapped the gas pedal and it didn't want to rev much past 3 or 4k RPMs. Plugged the TPS sensor back in (engine still running) and disconnected the MAF and now it doesn't hesitate at all. Drives what I can consider "decent" considering the engine changes and being on the old engine's tune, but I can just smell gas from the exhaust and I am literally getting like 8 MPG.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:33 AM
On The Tree

Still not a reply...
Old 01-07-2011, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

why havent you gotten it tuned for the stroker motor....?

Quick Reply: P0102, P0121, P0803 Help Please!