Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter LT Troubles

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 07:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pacesetter LT Troubles

I purchased my Pacesetter LT Headers in Late December and ordered the matching Y-Pipe from texas-speed a week ago saturday.

I got the Y-Pipe on my doorstep today and did a trial fit in my house before I put anything on my TA. I am having trouble getting the drivers side header and the y-pipe to slip together.

Has anyone else had trouble with this? Is it the Header or the y-pipe that is causing the problem? Is this something that I can get fixed at a exhaust shop cheap or should I just have texas-speed fix it for me?

Last edited by Jay 2001 TA; 02-09-2004 at 07:25 PM. Reason: remove sig
Old 02-09-2004, 07:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

there are numerous threads on the y pipe being junk to say the least, there might be a few fixes, i would look for threads by searching for pacesetter and see who got the y pipe also and if they had any trouble...
Old 02-09-2004, 07:41 PM
TECH Regular

Take it to a muffler shop and have them expand it. They probably won't even charge ya (one minute job). I just test fitted mine and its real tight
Old 02-09-2004, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had the same thing happen with mine. In my case, it was the header collector that was out of round by quite a bit. The collector measured 2 1/4" by 3 1/4" instead of round. When inspecting it, I also noticed that the o2 sensor bung was not fully welded. FWIW, the collector that was damaged was sticking out of the box when it was shipped to me. It looks like the headers didn't even fit in the box they were sent in.

Anyways, I called Texas Speed, and they said I have to send the headers back to Pacesetter, who will then send me a replacement. I did visit an exhaust shop about having them try and true the collector and weld the 02 bung, but they said it may damage the coating. Don't know if this is true or not, but I didn't want to take the chance. Now I'm waiting on the shipping label to arrive so I don't have to pay shipping for the headers to go back to Pacesetter

Jeff
Old 02-09-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah most muffler shops wont even charge you to expand the Y, it sux I know but I still think these headers are the best bang for the buck.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Jeffs99SS
I had the same thing happen with mine. In my case, it was the header collector that was out of round by quite a bit. The collector measured 2 1/4" by 3 1/4" instead of round. When inspecting it, I also noticed that the o2 sensor bung was not fully welded. FWIW, the collector that was damaged was sticking out of the box when it was shipped to me. It looks like the headers didn't even fit in the box they were sent in.

Anyways, I called Texas Speed, and they said I have to send the headers back to Pacesetter, who will then send me a replacement. I did visit an exhaust shop about having them try and true the collector and weld the 02 bung, but they said it may damage the coating. Don't know if this is true or not, but I didn't want to take the chance. Now I'm waiting on the shipping label to arrive so I don't have to pay shipping for the headers to go back to Pacesetter

Jeff

I think yours is a different case all together. shipping damage not just a really tight fit.
Old 02-09-2004, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have had the same problem about the fitment issues as well as the bung being welded shut!!

you get what you pay for with these pacesetters, sucks!