Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any tuners in Wichita Kansas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any tuners in Wichita Kansas?

I have a procharged 408 Z06. I purchased a mail order tune from Ed Wright in Tulsa OK. I decided to not install the cats after receiving the computer back. It seems to be running a bit rich and the idle varies several hundred RPM ever 2 or so seconds and at times almost stalls. I am assuming that it is because the tune did not allow for the cat removal. The car runs OK until it warms up a little. Is there a reputable person to tune my car for the cat removal? Ken
Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Staging Lane

I have heard from some people that wichita dyno is good. I think they charge around 500 for tuning and dyno services. i also need to get my engine tuned, i got a mail order tune for mine and it's rich too.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by KSrebuilder
I have a procharged 408 Z06. I purchased a mail order tune from Ed Wright in Tulsa OK. I decided to not install the cats after receiving the computer back. It seems to be running a bit rich and the idle varies several hundred RPM ever 2 or so seconds and at times almost stalls. I am assuming that it is because the tune did not allow for the cat removal. The car runs OK until it warms up a little. Is there a reputable person to tune my car for the cat removal? Ken
I would give Sutton Race Engineering a call. http://www.suttonraceengineering.com/ Phone # is on the website.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Teching In

Thanks - making contact now.
Old 06-07-2011, 02:35 AM
Teching In

Sorry to bring this thread back...

Wichita Dyno is by far the best around! He has been doing this for a long time and is very knowledgeable. He tuned my 02 WS6 (TSP 224r cam/stock 243's/exhaust, 406hp/404tq). Gas mileage is much, much better than before the mods as well.

There are many aspects to a tune, not just peak torque/hp etc., so make sure you are getting all the other details addressed, and to your likings.

If you already have a tune and aren't satisfied with it, or even question its perfection, call him up! He will tell you what's really going on in there, straight forward and honest. He has done a lot of LSx work
Old 11-23-2011, 07:14 PM

have to agree with Wichita Dyno-They do great work.
SRE takes for ever to get things done. Been by several times and they are never there.

Quick Reply: Any tuners in Wichita Kansas?